Can post on the Rocket Software open source forum with all the details from this thread. I don't think it's a Git problem as ssh also has the issue which is not part of ported tools. The forum is well monitored and the open source tools team are very helpful.

I will give Vladimir Ein a heads up.

On 1/03/2021 9:00 pm, Lionel B Dyck wrote:
That is exactly what I have which is why this is baffling .... ☹

Lionel B Dyck <sdg><
Website: www.lbdsoftware.com

"Worry more about your character than your reputation.  Character is what you are,
reputation merely what others think you are." - John Wooden

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Jousma, David
Sent: Monday, March 1, 2021 6:58 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: z/OS ssh git issue

I know you responded back with the TAG ENV vars.  Here are all of mine that are
set in GITENV.sh

# ASCII support environment values
export _BPXK_AUTOCVT='ON'
export _CEE_RUNOPTS="FILETAG(AUTOCVT,AUTOTAG) POSIX(ON)"
export _TAG_REDIR_ERR=txt
export _TAG_REDIR_IN=txt
export _TAG_REDIR_OUT=txt

Dave Jousma
AVP | Director, Technology Engineering

Fifth Third Bank  |  1830 East Paris Ave, SE  |  MD RSCB2H  |  Grand Rapids, MI
49546
616.653.8429  |  fax: 616.653.2717

**DO NOT open attachments or click on links from unknown senders or unexpected
emails**

They are set.

_TAG_REDIR_IN=txt
_TAG_REDIR_OUT=txt
_TAG_REDIR_ERR=txt

Thanks for the suggestion.  Now you can see why we are baffled.