No. I think there is no significant performance difference between half-track and full-track blocksize and there is significant difference in support of nonstandard blocksize.
I just wanted to advice, nothing more.

For tapes (especially physical ones) I would suggest the largest blocksize whenever possible. However this is different story.

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
(looking for new job)