[Default] On 7 Mar 2021 07:57:02 -0800, in bit.listserv.ibm-main
reichman...@gmail.com (Joseph Reichman) wrote:

>If you read a larger number of bytes into core letÂ’s say above the bar less
>I/o should speed things up no ?

If you have a large enough number of buffers, the difference should be
negligible.  For QSAM I hope they would be above the line taking
advantage of the 31 bit address space.  Having oddball data sets which
require special handling and maybe even EXCP will probably cost more
time than you save.  Playing with BUFNO and NCP are a better
expenditure of time and effort.

Clark Morris