Regarding how you'd know, I have no idea. This wasn't done in an APAR.

Regarding LR   15,R5
surely you provided the equate of R5 (or some macro did); fix/enhance the
equate/macro.

I see "yregs", for example, which apparently is owned by DFSMS, has no
facility for adding the register-size attribute. You might request that
they do so.

Regarding LR / CPYA vs LAE: They are not equivalent. Sometimes the
difference doesn't matter; sometimes it does. Macros that are adjusted
incrementally tend to stay on the conservative side. And the "LR" has
existed "forever".

Peter Relson
z/OS Core Technology Design