On Thu, 25 Mar 2021 14:33:34 -0700, Ed Jaffe wrote:

>On 3/25/2021 2:22 PM, Don Leahy wrote:
>> WSA is another possibility.   It is part of ISPF (for now), so should be
>> available to all.     Once you have wsa.exe running on your desktop you can
>> set up a batch job on the mainframe to pull the files over using the
>> FILEXFER service.   It’s fast, and doesn’t have to tie up your TSO session.

FSVO "all".  On the page at:

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSLTBW_2.4.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r4.f54u200/ispu295.htm

I read:
 Workstation Type
    1. Windows          3. AIX              5. Reserved
    2. Reserved         4. Reserved

That's pretty short of "all".  They seem to have dropped HP-UX and Solaris
after z/OS 2.2.

>WSA is GREAT(!) and no problem at all to service. There hasn't been an
>APAR in ages.
>
>I can't for the life of me understand why IBM is dropping it...

Perhaps insufficient client variety.

-- gil