On Fri, 26 Mar 2021 15:17:06 +0000, Jeremy Nicoll wrote:

>On Fri, 26 Mar 2021, at 14:06, Joseph Reichman wrote:
>> I open the file extend
>What?
Perhaps Python jargon.  "append"?  "DISP=MOD"?
>> number of files on the off chance that 2 jobs write to the duke
>Duke?
Duplicate?

>Surely you wouldn't have access to that data unless there was a proper
>authorised use-case.
>
>Does nobody supervise what you and your colleagues do?

It's becoming clear why we've been given an extra month to file.

For a non-zFS solution, for each selected item, submit via INTRDR a job with:
    //SYSUT1  DD  *
        data-to-append
    //SYSUT2  DD  DISP=MOD,...
... The initiator will provide the serialization.

-- gil