Just trying to understand the behavior, see if there are any other
anomaliesthat might provide clues.  You're
thorough explanation has been quite useful.

"Underlined sequence number, indicating that it's followed by hidden excluded
lines" - does this appear anywhere you have hidden excluded lines, or just
at the bottom?

- Don Imbriale