I am having a problem using xlclang++ to link my program on uss. I have
unresolved references, but I actually know where the modules that are needed
are located - I am just unable to express that information to the binder.
As an example, CSNERNG is located in "CSF.SCSFMOD0", but isn't found because
the default SYSLIB is just the concatenation of CEE.SCEEBND2 with SYS1.CSSLIB.
I need to logically add CSF.SCSFMOD0 to that concatenation.

I discovered that with the '-v' switch, I can get xlclang++ to emit both the
pseudo-JCL it would use and the "export"s of environment variables, and, from
that output, I discovered that the variable _CXX_L6SYSLIB is what I supposedly
need to set - but setting it and exporting it prior to issuing my make command
doesn't have any effect - the unresolved reference still occurs, and the
generated pseudo-JCL does not include my addition to the concatenation. (BTW
the Unix System Services Command Reference confirms that _CXX_L6SYSLIB is the
correct variable for an lp64 invocation.)

The command that I am using for the link is:
xlclang++ -v  -Wl,MAP,LIST=ALL,XREF -obin/zprotect obj/zprotect/zprotect.cpp.o
lib/libsapi.a lib/libvtk-core.a /usr/lib/GSKCMS64.x /usr/lib/GSKSSL64.x

The export I am doing first is:
export _CXX_L6SYSLIB=CEE.SCEEBND2:SYS1.CSSLIB:CSF.SCSFMOD0

and yet my generated pseudo-JCL is still:
//LINKEDIT  EXEC  PGM=LINKEDIT,
//  PARM='AMODE=64,TERM=YES,
//  DYNAM=DLL,ALIASES=NO,UPCASE=NO,
//  LIST=OFF,MAP=NO,XREF=NO,INFO=NO,MSGLEVEL=4,
//  REUS=RENT,EDIT=YES,AC=0,CALL=YES,CASE=MIXED
//  ,MAP,LIST=ALL,XREF
//  ,LP64'
//SYSLIB   DD  DSN='CEE.SCEEBND2',DISP=SHR,DCB=DSORG=DIR
//         DD  DSN='SYS1.CSSLIB',DISP=SHR,DCB=DSORG=DIR       <==note missing
CSF.SCSFMOD0 concatenation attempt here.

Any thoughts or ideas on what I could try next?

Thanks

Rich Way, CISSP
Security Lead, Voltage Portfolio
Micro Focus