On 2021-05-09, at 10:08:45, Peter wrote:

> Cross posted
>
> Is there anyone who has successfully used XMITIP NLS to build arabic
> character on email body ?

Hmmm... In "XMITIP User Reference Guide" I see merely:

    Note that all data on the mainframe is stored in the EBCDIC character set
    and is translated to the ASCII character set during the transmission.
    Any data that should not be translated should be attached in Binary format.

That's pretty meager.  It fails to state:
o What EBCDIC code page is presumed, nor whether the user has any choice.
o How characters with no ASCII equivalent are treated.  (128/256)

Is your Arabic data IBM-420?

What if the source is Roman with Arabic insertions?

I understand that mainframes tend to store Arabic text backwards.

-- gil