Hi Brian,
I am familiar with the Command Table. I want to set up a command to do an ISPF Edit SUBMIT, not a TSO SUBMIT. That also means no &ZPARM for DSNAME.
That is, SUBMIT what is being EDITd/BROWSEd/VIEWd.

Thanks and regards,
David

On 2021-06-24 02:36, Brian Westerman wrote:
You can call you program anything you want and create a command table entry for
it.  That way you can leave IBM's submit where it was/is is SYS1.CMDLIB.

i.e. (look in option 3.9 of ISPF) and add

YourCMD                  SELECT PGM(yourPGM PRM('&ZPARM')) NEWAPPL(anything)

Then when the user types "yourCMD" it will invoke "yourPGM"

The PRM part is to pass a parm to yopur program, (in case they type "SUBMIT
'somedataset(member)'".

However, if you call your program SUBMIT then it will work outside of ISPF as well,
although it will work if you called it yourPGM just as well.  The command table just
keeps them from having to type "TSO yourPGM" instead of just yourPGM or yourCMD.

In any case, you don't want to replace IBM's submit, you just want to make sure
that yours is located before IBM's in either a steplib or in a linklist dataset
that occurs BEFORE sys1.cmdlib.

I think using the name SUBMIT is a really really bad idea, unless you are going
to create a alias for IBM's submit (maybe call it IBMSUB), so that if need be
you can use it in case yours fails.

.