On Thu, 24 Jun 2021, at 14:55, David Spiegel wrote:
> Hi Jeremy,
> I have an existing RYO SUBMIT Assembler program.
> (Also, without Control Block chasing, I have not a way to access RPLRBAR
> (for Job Number).)

How does that answer my question?

Why would you not wrap your existing code in just enough ispf macro
assembler to make it work?

I noticed that other people talked about ispf command table processing
in answer to your question about how ispf recognises a "submit" command,
but I'm under-convinced that command tables are relevant.  Surely ispf edit
recognises all its command line commands because it parses the command
line to determine what it's being asked to do?

Command tables are (or used to be) only for starting other commands (ie
clists, rexx execs or tso command processors) or programs from any ispf
command line on arbitrary panels in any application.  Eg the "tso" that one
can type before a tso command on a commandline executes a "select ..."
via a command-table definition (or it used to).

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.