On Aug 5, 2021, at 8:27 AM, kekronbekron
<000002dee3fcae33-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:

> If a company has GitHub Enterprise, can we hook that to Rocket's Git for
> z/OS, running on z/OS.
> Will that work without GitHub Enterprise making a copy/mirror of the original
> repos on Z?
>
> It would be amazing to keep Z's stuff managed by Git on Z, but then just use
> GitHub's excellent UI and workflows.

Well, if the question is “can you use Rocket’s port of git for z/OS with GitHub
Enterprise?” then the answer is definitely yes. The University of Texas has
both, and I use them together all the time.

I’m not sure what you’re asking with “GitHub Enterprise making a copy/mirror of
the original repos on z?” That’s not really the way git works: it’s a
distributed version control system, so you always have a local copy of the
repository.

If I’m starting a new project, I usually create a repository on GitHub
Enterprise, and then clone it on whichever z/OS LPAR I’m working on, as well as
on my laptop. Then I use `git push` and `git pull` to keep them in sync.

--
Pew, Curtis G
curtis....@austin.utexas.edu