On Mon, 16 Aug 2021 18:03:50 -0700, Charles Mills wrote:

>A program might have a counter in the CSECT that the logic incremented as an
>aid to debugging. That would S0C4 if storage protected, but the program logic
>would be fine if the CSECT were refreshed. Granted, something of a stretch.

You need only not consider it an error if the result is wrong.

Otherwise I was considering setting a flag to indicate a tedious
initialization was complete.  And closing the timing window in case
the fault occurred during the initialization, and that table might
span multiple pages, and ...

>At the time, paging did not exist.

And even before page protection in storage keys?

-- gil