Well if we are talking the same thing either works. Password or Password
Phrase.

 USER=xxxxxx  NAME=yyyyyyy      OWNER=zzzzzzzz  CREATED=09.300
  DEFAULT-GROUP=SYS1     PASSDATE=13.036 PASS-INTERVAL= 90
PHRASEDATE=13.073
  ATTRIBUTES=PASSPHRASE

after adding passphrase to the ID and changing SYS1.PARMLIB(IKJTSO00) to
add:

LOGON                   /* LOGON PARMS               */  +
   PASSPHRASE(ON)       /* TURN ON LOG PASSWORDS     */

We can no log-on with either the original 8 digit max password or the new
passphrase of up to 100 characters. I have not tested up to 100, but the
field seems to hold it wrapping to the next line. I tested a 21 character
password.

Regards,
Keith