In my experience password phrase must be at least 14 characters.

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 10:10 AM, Paul Gilmartin <paulgboul...@aim.com>wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Mar 2013 09:57:34 -0400, Keith Smith wrote:
> >
> >I was able to logon to TSO using the password phrase. So, it does not seem
> >to be true that a password is required unless RACF created some random
> >password, but the bottom line is there is no password that I can use to
> >logon except the password phrase.
> >
> Is there any requirement that a password phrase be longer than 8
> characters?  If not, there would seem to be a non-empty intersection
> of the spaces of passwords and password phrases -- the same string
> could be used as either.
>
> -- gil

Keith Smith
Engineer-Enterprise Sys Sr.-IT Capacity & Performance
Shaw Industries Inc.
Subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway
616 E Walnut Ave
Mail Drop 072-04
Dalton, GA 30721
Email: keith.sm...@shawinc.com  Office: 706.275.3244

Privileged and/or confidential information may be contained in this
message. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or are not
responsible for delivery of this message to that person) , you may not copy
or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this
message and notify the sender by reply e-mail.
If you or your employer do not consent to Internet e-mail for messages of
this kind, please advise the sender.
Shaw Industries does not provide or endorse any opinions, conclusions or
other information in this message that do not relate to the official
business of the company  or its subsidiaries.