From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of
Frank Swarbrick [frank.swarbr...@outlook.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2021 2:44 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: SYSOUT FORMS question

It's been quite a few years since we had mainframe attached printers, and I'm
trying to recall what the FORMS SYSOUT parameter is used for.  If I recall
correctly, if a job going to a printer had a SYSOUT FORMS value that was
different than the last job that was printed on that printer, the operator
would be notified, they would change the forms for that printer to the correct
one and then respond to the prompt.  Is that correct?  And does the FORMS value
have any specific meaning?  Or is it up to the shop to know which FORMS value
is for which physical form type?  More specifically, the FORMS value just a
"free form" string of characters, or is it "configured" somewhere?