Hobart Spitz wrote, in part:

>The case *for *Pipes in the z/OS base.:

> 2. Hardware usage would drop for customers.

>From IBM's perspective, that might not be a positive argument. It should
be-they're hopefully not fooling themselves that they have a lock on
enterprise computing any more, so anything that makes life more palatable
for the remaining faithful at low cost to IBM should be A Good Thing-but I
can easily imagine someone saying, "We estimate this will reduce MIPS
purchases by x%, that's bad, don't do it".

Just sayin'.

...phsiii