you can use substr

like set &newch=&substr(1:1),&character)

to get the first char of that symbol

and concatenate them together

newchar=(ABC&newch)

I think that would work

Carmen

On 9/22/2021 2:51 PM, Bill Giannelli wrote:
In a clist, how would I strip the first character from a system symbolic and create a
variable ending in that character? For example, "ABC&CHARACTER"

/I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live by the light that I have. I must stand with anybody that stands right, and stand with him while he is right, and part with him when he goes wrong. *Abraham Lincoln
*/
/*
*/