From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Radoslaw Skorupka
Sent: Wednesday, October 6, 2021 5:13 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Mainframe ransomware solution

W dniu 05.10.2021 o 15:24, Tommy Tsui pisze:
>> Hi
>   Any shop implement mainframe ransomware solution can share? IBM
> seems has cyber vault to handle this. Is there any other solution available ?
> Thanks for sharing

<shameless mode>
Yes, we have such solution.
This is combination of the following products:
1. z/OS
2. RACF
3. Professional staff
</shameless mode>

Other means:
RACF
backup
Safeguarded copy and other vendors' solutions audit procedures

Note: all of the "solutions" marketed nowadays give you some cure *after breach
happened*. However that means some problems. It is unlikely to restore with
RPO=0. If you want RPO=0 then you should pay much more attention at prevention,
which means ...no, NOT ANOTHER PRODUCT.
Definitely first: professional staff, procedures, audit. And then maybe some
tools.
IBM Cyber Resiliency tools: Guardium, zSecure Suite, QRadar SIEM, Safeguarded
Copy...

My €0.02

--
Radoslaw Skorupka