From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of
Radoslaw Skorupka [r.skoru...@hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, October 8, 2021 7:40 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Mainframe ransomware solution

First part of my answer was kind of joke. Wasn't it clear?
Second part provided some means, products and opinions.

Regarding magic SVCs - I have *never* found any. Yes, I met and fixed
some other mistakes you mentioned.
And yes, such point should be on auditor checklist.
And yes, people tend to make mistakes. That's why I mentioned audit as
important part of the picture.
And it is good idea to have redundant protections whenever possible.
That's why we have encrypted datasets. Not because RACF sucks.
And at the end we may have Safeguarded Copy or Dell/EMC solution.

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland