Radoslaw,

What's wrong with it?   Yes, they're 10 years old.  They're also still working
just fine and IBM just gave me 4 months until they stop supporting them.
That's not a lot of time to get off them - especially with the holiday season
and year end freezes.  Usually IBM gives more than a 4 month notification of
hardware going EOS.  Yeah, I can get newer drives and media, but ordering,
procuring, installing and testing, and migrating doesn't happen overnight.  Not
to mention trying to find the money when IBM didn't give me enough warning to
budget for replacement hardware and media.

Regarding the support contract - the announcement letter says the support
contract definitely changes as of 2/28.  I don't have the verbiage in front of
me but basically IBM is saying "we'll support them if we can find parts".

Regarding the third party service company, how does that work with the TS3584
and TS1140 transports being the back end storage off my TS7760T VTS?  The tape
library and transports are in essence an extension of my VTS.  Will I have an
issue with finger pointing when part of my VTS solution is supported by IBM and
part of it by a third party?  I don't know the answer to that.

As far as "very few VTS solutions with real tape drives", well we're one of
them.  And now we're scrambling to figure out how to upgrade the library and
how to pay for it.

Rex