On Fri, 5 Nov 2021 12:44:59 -0400, Bob Bridges wrote:

>I can't tell, Colin:  Is this facetism?  Some months ago, or maybe a year, I
>found I was no longer able to access the on-line HTMLs;

In recent weeks, less than that year, I've found access to on-line HTMLs much
improved.
A Google search for "<keywords> site:ibm.com" usually gets me a very useful
hitlist.
And the "Change Version" popup is working better than previously.

>I had to content myself with downloaded PDFs (and hope that I'd remember to
>download the updates as often as necessary).  It is nice, I agree, to know
>that the documentation I've remembered to download is at my fingertips even
>when my internet connection is down.  Not so great to know that I can't look
>up something new during that time.  And I really liked the HTML search
>function; the analogue in PDFs isn't as useful.

The index.pdx database, useful in 2.4 is absent from 2.5.

>I supposed that PDF downloads are the only option, nowadays.  Are you saying
>the on-line HTMLs are still available somewhere?

-- gil