From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of
René Jansen [rene.vincent.jan...@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, January 9, 2022 3:05 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Ad NetRexx (Re: Ad programming features (Re: ... Re: Top 8 Reasons
for using Python instead of REXX for z/OS

Hi Shmuel.

NetRexx has ADDRESS. It was added by Marc Remes in release 4.01. It can address
any executable on your system. Subsequent versions will add ADDRESS WITH for
collections and network.
This was a syntactical addition, the runtime contains, for years and years
already, the package org.netrexx.address, which has class OSProcess with method
exec(), outtrap(command=Rexx) (where could that have come from?) and event for
lines of output.
But we decided to make this look more like Rexx.

Best regards,

René.