Dave,

The last site I worked at used a heavily-customised version of GDPS status
display facility to give a single screen with a GDPS overview for a
four-site configuration - so two sites with Metro Mirror within the sites
and XRC between the sites. For each plex (three production and one
sandbox), there was a line showing the status of each plex and the status
of replication links including the direction of the link shown as an arrow.
The SDF colour-coding of red/amber/green was used for each element. So, if
a replication link was down, the arrow denoting the link was red. We'd also
see the markers for each system occasionally turn amber as a DS8000
reconstructed an array when a disk failed.

The primary thing that we wanted to know was whether we were
hyperswap-capable at each site, and whether the XRC links were working
between sites. As a secondary item, the arrows denoting the replication
direction would show if there'd been a hyperswap that had, for some reason,
been missed.

This is from a few years ago so I've probably missed some important facets.

HTH