Shmuel wrote:

>I would argue that multiple edits that are part of a single enhancement
belong in a single checkin. For context, this is based on using a home grown
IDE that timestamped changed lines, solicited and formatted change
descriptions, and generally did the grunt work to have a good audit trail.

Oh, absolutely. I meant that without the AUX file forcing you to enter a
description, I see people making multiple enhancements in a single checkin
with SVN, git, et al. Of course you're supposed to enter a description at
checkin, but that's after the fact. "Naming" it before you start seems to
remind folks "You're fixing x" and when that's done, they add a new line for
y and then one for z.

Or maybe this is just me imagining rigor where there really isn't any.