On Tue, 1 Mar 2022 13:28:01 +0000,  wrote:
><snip>
>ZAD is not supported on z/OS under z/VM. "    :-(
>Is there any SOD or RFE or the like for this?
></snip>

Many releases ago, I saw a report the C RTL treatment of following a
NULL pointer was changing.  I tested open( NULL, ... ) with releases
before and after the change.  The earlier reported Invalid Pointer; the
later Invalid Filename.  I considered the earlier more precise and
correct.  I conjecture that IBM had fecklessly accommodated
programmers accustomed to misusing NULL instead of e.g. (void I)"".

There are probably still programs that follow null pointers. What will
become of them?

I favor strict error reporting.

-- gil