From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of
Paul Gilmartin [0000000433f07816-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, March 1, 2022 2:07 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Fussy forms (was: ZAD ...)

On Tue, 1 Mar 2022 10:29:57 -0800, Charles Mills wrote:

>.   ...
>There is so much HORRIBLE error diagnosis out there. I have been wrestling the
>past week with the Google App Store. Would not take an e-mail address on a
>particular page. Error message: "E-mail address is not valid." Huh? I get
>e-mail there.  ...

Many sites reject my RFC 822-compliiant, copied from my Contacts:
    "Paul Gilmartin <xxxxx...@aim.com>"

*And* they case-convert the local part which RFC 822 specifies as-is.

Or my phone:
    "(720) 382-xxxx"
("Numbers only!")

Or a credit card space-separated in groups of four.  (The field is
only 16 characters.)

--
gil