From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of
Mike Schwab [mike.a.sch...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 1, 2022 10:38 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: ZAD and C/C++ (was:: 2.5 Heads Up)

https://secure-web.cisco.com/1PXbV8bBOYAuiVtorpuZs7XE3pKinLwmLYKWPEJUV_PkTrzvWRyNuYDzK47foMg_IwN3TABRuvj8-6d952PU7Pg-fSwtIB4V3NLol2wqOLH_Vh_bIrhLnjTrXt1XW4HVTk9DPjC2uuSEoTeOojHiX-nvU6TI8d5otKWeqR9YnchPqlAF_87McO983XagIQA8zboCCtRKubYkttWZgaBVScNJ1y8ijfkw-96QjeEVIb-tXNTq_SrofW1RJZey9zfWvs4jPYQd59IlyRK6YdTzKvLbBlp0m3xC2UHlW5SDl1WqO-5gs_oQp6vKx5gRBemX90HZeonb5RR1Yvp9oMep7wsNFubNVVj7ErAUUu9IhfukBVrLwevduXMA2F4N1wwH-sZWGfpXU3rqfr-9M3MvnpGM_9fg4GFkuYyb5NRGWqV3O7CI-QrCTqoqu9HKiKviT/https%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FChin-Lung_Hu
 play for 2 MLB baseball teams.

On Tue, Mar 1, 2022 at 6:53 PM Charles Mills <charl...@mcn.org> wrote:

> > any ethnicity but their own
>
> In my much younger days -- the first significant system I ever worked on --
> I wrote a name-indexing scheme that assumed all surnames were at least three
> characters long. This was of course back in the day when we worried
> obsessively about bytes and CPU cycles.
>
> Turned out that the client -- Blue Cross of Northern California -- had
> hundreds of customers surnamed Ng.
>
> Oops.
>
> Charles

Mike A Schwab, Springfield IL USA