Hi Shmuel.

Many years ago, I used a virtual card reader on MVS and the CMS users used a
REXX exec to
'SPOOL PUN TO zosvm...'
'PUNCH fn ft fm ( NOH'
'CLOSE PUN'

You might have to play games to have longer than 80-byte records in your jobs.
And RSCS will (I think) propagate the CMS userid as already validated (that
might not be the case now).  Seems like I might have written a JES exit to
accept the userid on the spool file as the MVS userid for the job when it was
read from the virtual card reader.  (Same disclaimer.)

A great addition was to have a "SUB" XEDIT program, so you can (as you do from
TSO), enter "SUB" on the XEDIT command line to submit the job you're editing.
And "cmp" would format the JCL and compile the program I was editing.

It's probably been 30 years now that I've strongly preferred a PC editor named
Kedit (from Mansfield software).  The PC editor isn't limited to interactions
like an AID key--you can use ctrl- or alt- versions of any key for certain
functions (many that I create).   I now keep all my source on a PC and use a
Kedit version of my old SUB XEDIT to submit jobs via FTPs using "SITE
FILETYPE=JES".  So I still use "SUB" and "CMP" and several other macros to
submit jobs.  Since our JES Report Broker (aka JRB) product will FTP listings
when they complete (you could maybe use IDz or some other tool to return the
listings, or view them in SDSF), I use it (JRB) to return the listings to the
Windows FTP server on my PC. An open-source program named "FileWatcher"
detects the file is returned and invokes Kedit to edit the listing.  Sounds
convoluted, but it's usually maybe 5 seconds or so between my entering "SUB" on
my editor command line and the listing popping up back in the editor.  No JCL
editing or looking for the right listing to view.  Plus, there are no
3270-screen-size limitations on how much of the source or listing I see.