In <8189023945771520.wa.paulgboulderaim....@listserv.ua.edu>, on
04/03/2013
   at 07:29 AM, Paul Gilmartin <paulgboul...@aim.com> said:

>It leaves a couple holes

Not really.

>o Jobstep program is AC(1), from an authorized library, so
>  the environment was authorized.

Then that program is responsible for not creating any security
exposures.

>o Jobstep program ATTACHEs a subprogram AC(0), from an
>  authorized library, bound with NOLONGPARM, passing an
>  argument longer than 100 bytes.

Is that program written to work properly with that parameter? If not,
then the AC(1) program has an integrity violation for calling it.

>Or:
>o JCL specifies "EXEC PGM=jobstep program,PARMDD=ddn"
>o Jobstep program is AC=1, from an authorized library, no
>  LONGPARM attribute.
>o The PARM resolved from ddn is no longer than 100 bytes.
>o Is this permissible?  I would actually hope not:
>  - there's a lower potential astonishment factor if the
>    restriction applies to any such use of PARMDD,

I would consider that to be a bug and at best to be more surprising
than only testing the length. There's nothing in the string "LONGPARM"
to suggest that it applies to short parm data.

     Atid/2        <http://patriot.net/~shmuel>