The (new) abend/reason code happens to be 306 reason x'44'. In most (but
not all) cases, it is unimportant to understand in advance what the abend
code is going to be when something bad happens.
What is important generally is that if you get that abend you can easily
understand what the problem is. And I'm not implying that IBM
documentation necessarily meets that challenge.

There's actually another case that I had forgotten about. Sorry. It's kind
of obscure:

If
- you attempt EXEC PGM=x and
- x is in the PPT and
- there is no joblib/steplib or there is a joblib/steplib and it is an
APF-authorized concatenation
then the LONGPARM restrictions apply.
(When there is a non-APF-authorized joblib/steplib concatenation, PPT
attributes are not used - they are applied and then, when this is
discovered, discarded)

i.e., if the PPT conferred additional properties (whatever those
properties might be), LONGPARM restrictions apply.
While not all the properties would necessarily require the restrictions,
we chose not to distinguish.

Peter Relson
z/OS Core Technology Design