From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Carmen Vitullo
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2022 10:54 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: System Proclibs, Member management

EXTERNAL EMAIL

Prolly wandering somewhat off topic...

Lionel sez;

"but if you do it under an official change control process at least
you've documented what you're doing and received official approval for
doing it."

At a former shop that was the only way application proclibs and jcl
members were added updated and deleted, using CA-LIBRARIAN and their
CCF, still not 100% because you are still relying  on the applications
programmers to manage the PROC's and JCL but it was much more manageable
and easy to restore back, the ownership of the process then was the
change management team, something nowadays has gone the way of the dinosaur

Carmen

On 4/14/2022 9:47 AM, Lionel B. Dyck wrote:
> There is always the approach of making a copy and then deleting - or just
> renaming suspect members and waiting for the fallout.
>
> This can be dangerous but if you do it under an official change control
> process at least you've documented what you're doing and received official
> approval for doing it.  Is it worth the effort - only if you really need to
> recover the disk space, which is doubtful at this point in time.
>
> Plus these old/obsolete elements may prove useful, if only as examples to
> work from at some point.
>

> Lionel B. Dyck <><
> Website:https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.lbdsoftware.com__;!!Ebr-cpPeAnfNniQ8HSAI-g_K5b7VKg!agrnuavPffXJPLatRvFxIDSsMzsN5ua6ra97mWgAxdtXTQWFPs7lF6C-zcovTZ_vHt2weA$
>
> Github:https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://github.com/lbdyck__;!!Ebr-cpPeAnfNniQ8HSAI-g_K5b7VKg!agrnuavPffXJPLatRvFxIDSsMzsN5ua6ra97mWgAxdtXTQWFPs7lF6C-zcovTZ_C2xcklA$
>

> “Worry more about your character than your reputation. Character is what you
> are, reputation merely what others think you are.”   - - - John Wooden

/I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to
succeed, but I am bound to live by the light that I have. I must stand
with anybody that stands right, and stand with him while he is right,
and part with him when he goes wrong. *Abraham Lincoln*/

attachments from your system.