I have been wandering in the wilderness of  unix syslogs under z/OS and have
been unable to find a definitive answer to the following question.

Does z/OS SYSLOGD daemon support TCP protocol connections for incoming messages
from other hosts??

------
Here are the gory details.
1.  A DS8884 - and we want to send syslog information to the syslog server on
z/OS (v2.4)
2.  Adding the IP address to the syslog configuration of the DS8884  'works'
but the connection does not activate or work under 'test'.   The DS8884 does
not allow selection of the protocol (TCP or UDP).
3.  IP tracing shows incoming packets on z/OS with TCP protocol port 514.
Those packets are reset rejected.
4.  Documentation says that UDP 514 is the default for syslog traffic between
hosts.
5.  There was documentation for TCP 1468 being a well known port for TCP
protocols for syslogd.   I have no clue if this is possible on z/OS.
--------
Any ideas??