On Apr 18, 2022, at 12:48 PM, Tom Longfellow
<000003e29b607131-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:

> I have been wandering in the wilderness of unix syslogs under z/OS and have
> been unable to find a definitive answer to the following question.
>
> Does z/OS SYSLOGD daemon support TCP protocol connections for incoming
> messages from other hosts??

When you start up a syslog daemon on z/OS, you must pass it either ‘-c’ or ‘-n’
as an argument. A daemon with ‘-c’ only accepts local syslog calls, while one
with ‘-n’ only accepts remote calls. If you want to do both, you need to start
two daemons with the two different arguments. The default JCL IBM supplies has
‘-c’, so if you’re using that it won’t accept remote UDP connections.

Hope this helps.

--
Pew, Curtis G
curtis....@austin.utexas.edu