On 9/5/22 07:39, Andrew Rowley wrote:
On 6/05/2022 11:46 pm, Bill Schoen wrote:
By all means ask for what you need, and who knows...

What would be useful is to be able to mount a (multi-level) dataset prefix at any mount point in the filesystem. Attributes i.e. text, record mode etc would be specified on the mount.

This would be very useful for use with e.g. git.

I would like to be able to do the following:
mount -t dsfs -o txt ANDREW.PROJECTA /home/andrew/projecta/datasets

and setup the following structure:
/home/andrew/projecta/
/home/andrew/projecta/.git
/home/andrew/projecta/datasets/
/home/andrew/projecta/datasets/ispplib/
/home/andrew/projecta/otherstuff/

This sounds like an eminently sensible suggestion. I haven't tride DSFS yet as we don't have the service installed but I have read the doc. From what I can tell, the only way to use Git in a project directory is to use symlinks to directories in /dsfs/txt/, such as /dsfs/txt/projecta/c, /dsfs/txt/projecta/h etc.