Run your silly Rexx under UNIX.  Ir's simpler.

On Mon, 30 May 2022 15:52:24 +0300, Itschak Mugzach wrote:

>A rexx exec is processing a file system. First call to bpxbatch perform ls
>looping on the directories listed in the root to look for specific files

<https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/zos/2.5.0?topic=descriptions-find-find-file-that-meets-specified-criteria>
(Note "-exec".)

<https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/zos/2.5.0?topic=descriptions-readdir>

>(ignore the logix, it was dictated by a uniprocessor and a mixture of
>software).
>I noticed that every call to unix creates (or starts) a shadow STC to
>process the command. My assumption is that the way it works affects elapse,
>and maybe, cpu consumption. I want the program to be as efficient as
>possible.
>
>so, to summarize:
>
>   - The Program is a (tso) rexx running unix commands.
>   - Using the default shell of the user.

Bad idea.  Unpredictable and hard to test.

>   - I want to eliminate the STC, or keep it for the life of the exec.
>   - The quoted statement relates to the fact that I assume it is less
>   effective to run unix outside of the address space.

This feels like asking that all steps of a batch job use the same TCB.

>On Mon, May 30, 2022 at 3:41 PM Kirk Wolf wrote:
>> - Why exactly do you want BPXBATCH?

Perhaps he doesn't have COZBATCH.

--
gil