I think I understand what Charles is doing.

context = copies('00'x,200) <-- state for HLASM program
wait_time = 30

do forever
    res = console(context, wait_time)
    select
      when res = 'T' then iterate
      when res = 'P' then leave
      otherwise ...
   end
end

On 21/06/2022 1:58 am, Paul Gilmartin wrote:
I'll correct my earlier misstatement.  You did not say you were the client;
merely "-n-house".