You can use a product ((Fujitsu, er Softek, er Sun, er) IBM TDMF,
FDRPAS, EMC z/OS Migrator, etc) to move the logical volser from a
physical UCB to another physical UCB of the same size or larger.
ADRDSSU will move it but it can't be in use.

Once on a larger volume, run ICKDSF REFVTOC to pickup the new
cylinders as free space.  Most volume moving products have an option
to invoke this when the move is done.

Then disable new the remaining Mod 9s to allow them to empty out.
HSEND MIG VOLUME(&V MIGRATE(0)) CONVERT will migrate datasets that are
not open and not VSAM.

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 8:53 AM, mf db <dbajava...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are having DSS6000 storage box. This is just an informational query on
> how we convert a Mod-9 volume to Mod-27 ? Can this be achieved dynamically
> when the Dasd device is online or Else an outage is required for this
> conversion process ?
>
> Any ideas or suggestions are highly appreciated.
>
> /Peter

Mike A Schwab, Springfield IL USA