It is a two step process:

    The first is configuring the volumes on the DS6000.  Are you installing a
new DS6000 and moving data from existing DASD to the new box or are you trying
to combine existing -9 volumes (and possibly unused capacity) into a single -27
volume?

    The second is moving the data from the current location(s) to the new
larger volume.  Are the source volumes system volumes (SYSRES, page, spool,
catalog, etc) or do they contain "user" data.