Hi,A suggestion... I did similar thing some years ago using z390 Macro
Language. In summary you can create macros and replace used macros by Cobol
statements.The macros just punch Cobol statements to an output.I converted
about 250 critical Cobol code.Main question... Is it 100%, of course not... But
I would say 75%.
RegardsDan

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Friday, July 8, 2022, 8:53 PM, Paul Gilmartin
<0000042bfe9c879d-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:

On Fri, 8 Jul 2022 22:51:38 +0000, Farley, Peter x23353 wrote:

>    ...  The business logic was totally scrambled, sometimes by "old-timer"
>tricks like non-reentrant branch gates and other such no-no's under current
>maintainability and pipeline-flush avoidance rules, other times just by
>flagrantly awful spaghetti code even a human would struggle to understand.

Was that merely faithfully replicating deficiencies in the input?

What architecture level?

What might it do with such as RISBG?

--
gil