Hello Listers,

I have a small remote site that we are upgrading the physical tape library to a
virtual TS7700 library.  All went well until the old library had a serious
hardware error.   My leadership has decided not to spend the money to repair
the old failed library (of course now out of warranty and maintenance).
However, I still have one more ML2 tape worth of data to migrate to the new
library.

If we bring the ML2 tape back to our main site would it be possible to read the
ML2 tape to extract the data off of it?   The only way I can think of is to
also bring copies of all the CDS's and Journal from the remote site, restore
those CDS's (MCDS, BCDS, OCDS) and Journal.  Then bring down the "real" DFHSM
and bring up the "Remote" DFHSM to be able to recall the data off of the ML2
tape.

Unfortunately running the "hsend list dsname both" commands on the ML2 datasets
shows No BCDS records so I cannot just recover the ML2 datasets from BCDS
copies.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Thanks,

Fred G.