For quite a while, I tried to talk with my MFaaS provider about using .aws
files as a transportable, potentially readable on Windows read-only archive. I
know that some Virtual Tape Appliances use this format.
  After several months of confusion with the bookstore, there was some
understanding, but no viable proposals.