I did sort of the same thing at one time, I had a written list of passwords but each were missing a couple of characters that were the same in all.

One of my stories (sorry if I told this before) is when I gave my mainframe password to an operator one evening to avoid a drive to work. I told him to type NONE in the password field and he said he was surprised that I could have an id with no password needed.