Hello
.
I'm reviewing the publication "Using the Subsystem Interface", and
an old SHARE presentation "All About the Subsystem Interface".
.
Looking at The Broadcast Functions an installation can invoke -
function codes 04,08,09,10,14,48,50,78
.
In general on entry to one of these Broadcast functions, Register 0
points to the SSCVT, mapped by IEFJSCVT.
.
It is my understanding for most of these Broadcast functions, SSIBSSNM
is the name of the subsystem enabled to receive this function call.
An installation could easily examine SSIBSSNM for its subsystem name
and take the necessary action.
.
However for Function Code 10 (command processing), SSIBSSNM contains
the value "MSTR".
.
Looking at the examples in "Using the Subsystem Interface", the function
routine always checks SSIBSSNM against SSCTSNAM. Is this valid/true for
Function Code 10. In other words for SSI Function Code 10 does SSCTSNAM
contain "MSTR" as well  ? or does it contain the name of the
subsystem enabled to receive this function call ?
.
Otherwise a Function Code 10 routine would need to examine the command
buffer text.
.
.
Paul