Ok I got the calculation wrong

Let me use an example 00000001 00007000 000001000 00000001 00007000 00000800

 So the allocated address is 7800 for 200

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of Rob
Scott
Sent: Wednesday, September 7, 2022 10:59 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: VSMLIST question

Joseph

Why do you need VSMLOC at all if you are processing VSMLIST SP=PVT,SPACE=FREE ?

The TCB address is returned as part of the answer area buffer prior to each set
of ALLOC+FREE descriptors for each subpool.

It looks something like this :

            # of TCBs
            TCB_STRUCT(1) (includes # of SPs)
            SP_STRUCT(1)
            # of alloc blocks
            ALLOC_STRUCT(1)
            # of free blocks = n
            FREE_STRUCT(n)

            ALLOC_STRUCT(2)
            # of free blocks = n
            FREE_STRUCT(n)

            ..and so on until next subpool struct (after all alloc blocks
processed)
            …
            SP_STRUCT(2)
            …

            ..and so on until next TCB struct (after all subpools processed)

            TCB_STRUCT(2)

            ..and so on

I hope the above helps.

Rob Scott