On Wed, 14 Sep 2022 18:20:19 +0000, Farley, Peter x23353 wrote:

>Well, both JCL and the TSO/E ALLOCATE command still only take "HFS" as a value
>for DSNTYPE when allocating a Unix PATH file.
>
>E.G. for ALLOC:
>
>ALLOC FI(MYDDNAME) PATH('/u/tsouser/file') DSNTYPE(HFS) PATHMODE(SIRUSR)
>PATHOPTS(ORDONLY) FILEDATA(TEXT) PATHDISP(KEEP, KEEP)
>
>For J,L, see here:
>https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/zos/2.5.0?topic=dp-syntax-10

On closely related
<https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/zos/2.5.0?topic=dp-subparameter-definition-8>:
    HFS
        Specifies an HFS data set. Specify HFS only when the DD statement also
specifies
        a DSNAME parameter.

Which you didn't.  But that was TSO.

>For ALLOCATE see here:
>https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/zos/2.5.0?topic=command-allocate-operands

Those developers don't talk to each other, do they?

I thought that DSNTYPE=HFS was used only to create a HFS "aggregate" (?
whatever)
and is superfluous (should be mutex) when specifying PATH.  And there is no
similar JCL
option for zFS -- you need to use IDCAMS.

--
gil