Hello

Cross posted

I was able to create the user with RESTRICTED attribute

I have given a surrogate access to a STC owner is to the ID which I created
with RESTRICTED attribute

Here when we submit job with USER=EXTBATCH
It internally does a FTP to a Linux server. For connecting the Linux using
FTP we are using ID created in Linux which is wmMF01

The FTP logon is successful but when it tries to do a get operation on an
existing file in Linux to mainframe then it doesn't transfer instead it
gives zero bytes transferred

To isolate the issue I tried to run the same batch using my own Mainframe
ID and wmMF01 but I was able to transfer the ID fron Linux to mainframe
without any problem.

Unfortunately this is not even throwing any error message to debug and I
know that this is due to the RESTRICTED ATTRIBUTE

There were some more case studies I did

1 ) When I submit the JCL with USER=EXTBATCH the transfer works
perfectly fine

I did enable FTP DEBUG ALL but no message is displayed about zero bytes
getting transferred

I hope I am missing some BPX racf profile for which the started task owner
is supposed to be permitted and I am not sure what BPX profile will allow
the FTP to take place

EXTBATCH has OMVS segment, Started task owner too has OMVS segment and it's
default groups too have GID

Could someone please point to a right direction on troubleshooting this in
detail

Jake