Hi

Something I didn't include in my original post

The Linux path from where the file is being GET to mainframe. The Linux
path is mounted to a windows server, so the file is available in windows
but mapped to LINUX

So as a test I copied the file to Linux local disk and tried ftp and the
get operation works.

The FTP JCL is spawned by webserver which inturn runs batch to do GET

Earlier

Strange thing is that it works perfectly from submitting the batch natively
within tso but when it is spawned by webserver it fails

The webserver has a started task in mainframe and I don't see any error in
it's log

While doing GET there is no data transfer but it destroys the local file in
windows without any data transfer