On 9/17/2022 9:25 PM, Brian Westerman wrote:
I had to take Latin as well, and while I never used it directly trying to
communicate with anyone, it has been a great help over the years.  Plus, it
makes me not sound as dumb as I really am.

Uh oh, maybe that's my problem :) I never learned any Latin other than the little bit I heard in church as a kid, right before they decided to switch to English. Dominus vobiscum.

As for programming, I seem to do better starting at the bottom, with instructions, registers, PSW bits and such, and moving up from there. Higher level languages and especially Object Oriented code tend to confuse me.