No english verson of "Adeste fideles"?
In German we have one (since centuries, I believe): "Herbei, o Ihr Glaeubigen" (I omitted the Umlaut)
one of the more powerful Christmas songs IMO

Kind regards

Bernd

Am 18.09.2022 um 15:17 schrieb Bob Bridges:
"Emmanuel", indeed :).

I never took Latin (and I was astonished when I learned that my youngest daughter was
taking it in high school; I thought it had long disappeared entirely from the public
schools, but apparently not), and my upbringing was Episcopal not Catholic, so I never
experienced the liturgy in Latin.  And I'm not sorry that so many old Christmas carols
have been translated to English.  But NO ONE sings "Adeste, fideles" any more!
I do miss that.

---